Make your own cleaning product! they are affordable, eco-friendly, easy to make and just as effective if not more so than store bought products.
Why Green clean? • Safe for you and your family • Easy on the pocketbook • Highly effective • Environmentally friendly.
Its basically all good – for us & the planet.
Most commercial cleaning supplies, including hand sanitizers, disinfectants, deodorizers, etc., contain synthetic fragrances and harsh chemicals. In other words, THEY ARE TOXIC!
Cleaning supplies can be hazardous to your health, your children and pets, pollute the environment – not good news.
The human body has a built-in disposal system (the immune system) for eliminating harmful toxins. However, when toxins are absorbed at a much faster rate than the lymphatic system can dispose of them, toxins spill over into the bloodstream and begin to wreak havoc, i.e. they make you feel sick and can cause allergies and auto-immune diseases, etc. As harmful substances build up in the body they cause toxicity… and can lead to minor and major health problems! Short term and long-term health problems
Children are often more vulnerable to chemical exposure during developmental stages and certain chemicals may interfere with the development of their neurological endocrine and immune system. The wee ones !!
Natural Cleaning Ingredients – a checklist of ingredients to create affordable cleaning products.
Essential oils – multiple studies have shown that diffusing pure essential oils into the air immediately removes toxins and cleans up air. They are NATURAL POWERHOUSE as they can naturally kill bacteria, germs, fungi and mould.
ESSENTIAL OILS – antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, antibiotic.
They are also safe pesticides— bugs, insects, and rodents stay away from some oils (like Peppermint and Purify) because they don’t like the smell
Certified Pure—only brand that is CPTG –100% guaranteed no solvents or harmful chemicals!
Cost effective—most ‘cleaning oils’ cost pennies per drop, & you can get up to 30% back through LRP
• ANTIBACTERIAL Cypress, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Douglas Fir, Marjoram, Melaleuca (tea tree), Peppermint, Roman Chamomile, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Wild Orange, Wintergreen, White Fir.
• ANTIVIRAL Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Melaleuca, Oregano, Sandalwood, Thyme
• ANTIFUNGAL Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Melaleuca, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Thyme
• ANTIBIOTIC Bergamot, Clove, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Melaleuca, Oregano, Patchouli, Roman Chamomile.
Oil Blends that are antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antibiotic
• PURIFY blend – mix of Lemon Peel, Siberian Fir Needle, Citronella Grass, Lime Peel, Melaleuca (Tea Tree) Leaf, Cilantro Herb essential oils. Fresh airy herbal smell. Diﬀuse as a room freshener. • ONGUARD blend—mix of Wild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Leaf, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Leaf, and Rosemary Leaf/Flower essential oils.
• White vinegar and baking soda are also very
powerful cleaners, especially when they’re combined with hot water and elbow
• Carrier oil – almond oil or FCO (fractionated or liquid coconut oil), olive oil.
• Castile soap – a vegetable soap that is so versatile. Liquid or bar form. Lifts dirt, cuts grease and eliminates tough stains.
• Salt – great in scrubs due to the abrasive qualities – eﬀective scouring agent.
• Washing soda – Washing soda (sodium carbonate) absorbs odors. Always use rubber gloves when handling Do not ingest.
• Baking soda – bicarbonate of soda or sodium bicarbonate. Great for cleaning and deodorizing tasks. You can create scrubs, whitens, deodorizes, cuts grease, mildly abrasive and absorbs odors.
• White Vinegar is an excellent stain and water spot remover that has strong antibacterial properties. It kills germs, cut grease, deodorizes and dissolves mineral deposits.
I recommend using glass spray bottles/containers/pumps. It is widely known that essential oils can degrade plastic therefore it is generally recommended to only store oils in glass, and I always follow that rule if I plan to use the oil mixture on my skin or in a food recipe. However, for cleaning recipes in regular plastic spray bottles for two reasons: #1: The mixtures are usually quite diluted, and #2: I will not be ingesting the mixture or applying it to my body.
To sum it up…
• It’s easy to clean with essential oils • Essential oils are super safe & eﬀective • Homemade cleansers are inexpensive • Cleaning with dōTERRA oils makes your house & studio smell great—and you feel terriﬁc. • Making your own cleaners greatly reduces harmful chemicals in your home. • Making essential oil based cleaners keeps the planet and your pocketbook GREEN Think Fresh, Green & Germ-Free Clean!
I have an ebook with recipes – please contact me for this 😊